Visa EB-2

Visa EB-2

The EB-2 visa is an employment-based second preference visa and shall be given to foreign professionals holding an advance degree or its equivalent or to a foreign national having exceptional ability.

The foreign professional must provide official academic record showing the possession of an advance degree or its equivalent (a baccalaureate degree) with five years progressive experience in the field and letters from current or former employers indicating the experience.

The foreign national applicant must have a degree if expertise significantly above the ordinarily encountered in the field of science, arts or business. The applicant should provide at least three out of the following evidences:

a. Official academic record of degree, diploma, certificate or similar award from a college, university, school or other institution of learning relating to your area of exceptional ability;

b. Letters showing at least 10 years of full-time professional/occupational experience;

c. Certificate/License to practice;

d. Document showing that the applicant’s salary or other remuneration for services of exceptional ability;

e. Record to showing membership in a professional association(s);

f. Recognition for applicant’s achievements and significant contributions by government entities, professional or business organizations.

The EB-2 visa applications shall be accompanied with an approved individual labor certification from the Department of Labour on Form ETA-750.

The visa applicable to the spouses and children under the age of 21 of the EB-2 visa holders are E-21 and E-22 immigrant status respectively. The spouse shall be eligible to file for an Employment Authorization Document if the EB-2 visa holder eventually decides to apply for permanent resident status as a green card holder.

Total views: 2,571 views