The EB-1 visa shall be given to applicants who have extraordinary ability and are recognized for being top of their field having national or international acclaim and are willing to go to U.S. to continue work in that field. The applicant should have received a major internationally recognized award. In alternative, the applicant should satisfy at least three requirements out of the 10 requirements prescribed:
1. Received any lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field of endeavor;
2. Member of associations that require outstanding achievements of their members as judged by recognized national or international experts;
3. Published any material in professional or major trade publications or major media relating to the applicant’s work in that field;
4. Participated on a panel or individually as a judge of the work of other in the same or in an allied field of specialization;
5. Original scientific, scholarly or business contributions of major significance;
6. Author of scholarly articles in professional journals or other major media;
7. Artwork displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases;
8. Have a leading or critical role for an organization with a distinguished reputation;
9. Command a high salary or other remuneration for your services in comparison to others on your field;
10. Enjoying commercial successes in the performing arts.
The outstanding professors and researchers with international recognition for outstanding achievements in a particular field can also apply for EB-1 visa. Such applicant must have at least three years of experience in teaching or research in that academic area and is ready to work in a comparable research position at a university or other institution of higher education. The applicant should provide at least two out of the following evidences
1. Receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement;
2. Membership in associations that require their members to demonstrate outstanding achievement;
3. Material published in professional publications written by others about the alien’s work in the academic field;
4. Participation, either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work if other in the same or allied academic field;
5. Original scientific or scholarly research contributions in the field;
6. Authored scholarly books or articles in the scholarly journals with international circulation.
The other category of applicants who are allowed to obtain EB-1 visa are applicants who shall be employed as Multinational manager or executive. The petitioning employer must be a U.S. employer doing business for at least a year as an affiliate, subsidiary or as the same corporation or legal entity that the Applicant is employed outside U.S. The Applicant must be employed outside U.S. for at least three years with that company or organization and shall continue service with the same employer or the petitioning employer.